Saturday, May 21, 2011

Regret.

It's always too late
When you realise what you did wrong
That you said the wrong words
That you acted the wrong way
That you didn't listen
That you didn't realise
there was an attempt to compromise happening before your own eyes.

I would do anything
To turn that clock back
To fix what I should have done right
To learn that I too needed to learn
To give you an end to the loneliness
And realise the trust you put in me.

I wish I knew how to stop my heartache
How to stop staring at the footpath
Everywhere I walk
My sunken eyes ready to weep
This incredible pain of not having you in my life.

I wish I had that one chance
To fix your pain that I had created
To no longer regret,
To hold your hand once more,
So that we can love each other again.
To do it right.

I'm so sorry
 

I'm so sorry
I'm so sorry.

No comments: