Sunday, December 10, 2006
"Burzum-war": Battle of the Internet.
For some years now I noticed that there were two Burzum websites: burzum.org and burzum.com
burzum.com seems to service as an archive, while burzum.org serves as Vikernes' voice from his cell, and seems more personalised. I must say that I have always preferred burzum.org, mainly because Vikernes does have an element of input into the site. burzum.com on the other hand seems stale and much more fan administrated.
It seems that Vikernes himself has known about burzum.com's continued existence, and has not approved as a result:
burzum.com used to be the official Burzum website, but that's many years ago. I told Rainer (the original host) to close the website down, I think in 2000 (but I'm not sure), but instead he turned it into an archive. Some years later he sold the address to somebody else, without ever asking me for permission to do so, and my problem with an "open forum" for lies, false rumours and other crap was back. I don't know who is behind www.burzum.com and I guess whey mean well, but I wish everybody boycotted the site 100%. If there are any other websites out there dedicated to Burzum (or me) I wish You were all boycotting them as well. They are all a problem to me. The only website I support (in this context) is www.burzum.ørg!
If those who run www.burzum.com (or other websites in the same vein) want to in any way support me they should close down their website, and I encourage You to do so! Whether You mean well or not; just stop it! Remove everything from the Internet, and allow those who have an interest in the truth to find it without first having to plow through all Your bullshit. Support burzum.org only! That's all I have to say about this.
Of course, burzum.com have issued a rebuttal to this statement from Vikernes. An excerpt is below:
One of the reasons we have never supported the "official" Burzum website is that we, as critical thinking citizens of experience and intelligence and some learning, do not trust the behavior of its admins. They, like the SHF before them, increasingly feed Mr. Vikernes disinformation and provoke him to make ludicrous statements. Their agenda is to be the mouthpiece for the kind of "white power" and neo-Nazi beliefs that drag the West (Europe and European-Americans) down into an abyss of defensive, selfish behavior.
I understand that they seek to exclude the politics of Burzum out of their purpose and this is morally correct and sound (and I myself am extremely against racial intolerance and prejudice). It is unfortunately, very difficult to do so, especially when Vikernes is such as political figure himself. To exclude the politics will distort the entire Burzum story and create an inaccuracy of information.
We all know that Burzum itself is not NSBM, but to an outsider, they are either not aware of this apparent connection, or they do believe that the politics comes from the music (which it does not, thus Burzum is not NSBM) as opposed to the musician himself.
I think it is possible for the two sites to co-exist, but burzum.com need to re-shuffle their appearance and perhaps learn to accept that they might serve more as an archival site as opposed to being a more "powerful" digital medium. I think it would be best if burzum.com accept that they must take the back seat, because frankly no one cares which site wins this little game, we only care for accuracy of information and right now (and for some time anyway) burzum.org has been the place to go to seek accurate information on Burzum and Vikernes.
At the end of the day, if Vikernes has input into a website, that site is going to be far more accurate and official than any other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment