Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Quake IV: the dust settles a bit.

Thanks to SyncError's involvement, Quake IV is finally stable & maturing according to ESReality community reactions regarding the 1.3 Point Release.

I've been holding off any development for it, although I know it's somewhat unfair to the community. I just felt that Quake IV got off to a very rocky and unfinished start, and I don't want to map for a platform until it's nice and stable.

Because of my attitude towards players and mapping, I prefer for things to mature before I go releasing anything so I can gauge playing styles a bit better.

Now that the dust has settled, I can finally start to get things going. My first map for Quake IV (and Aerowalk as well) will be a little while off yet, but at least now I know that my patience was for the better.

Time to dust off that copy of QE Radiant :)

No comments: