So many times come
When I think my heart is mended
And there comes a trigger
Something to widen a faded crack
A gap opens and love pours out
I fight back and forth
Hardening, softening,
A constant battle in my heart & soul
No challenge ever so great
So lifechanging, so painful
You touched me so deeply
I surrendered my life to you
I wanted you to have it forever
I wanted to lay basking
Loved in your sunlight for the rest of my life
But now that's deep inside the cracks
Tarnishing with a scar, to soften over
To thicken and fade
Losing colour through the travels of time
A submission into grey memory, just another time in my life.
When I think my heart is mended
And there comes a trigger
Something to widen a faded crack
A gap opens and love pours out
I fight back and forth
Hardening, softening,
A constant battle in my heart & soul
No challenge ever so great
So lifechanging, so painful
You touched me so deeply
I surrendered my life to you
I wanted you to have it forever
I wanted to lay basking
Loved in your sunlight for the rest of my life
But now that's deep inside the cracks
Tarnishing with a scar, to soften over
To thicken and fade
Losing colour through the travels of time
A submission into grey memory, just another time in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment