I gave you everything I had to give
Your pain became mine
I tried to be a pillar when you needed it
And a room with space when you needed that too.
I bared my soul. I exposed every facet of my life to you.
I burned my heart countless times
Put aside my own ordeals and placed my love for you first
Every single time.
I never imagined a life without you.
No matter the challenges, my love never ebbed.
Never faded, never less potent.
It grew as I saw you take your gentle steps towards warmth
But now I'm broken
Your ghosts have shattered me
Smashed me into a thousand pieces of glass
Draining my heart of the blood I carried for your love.
Instead of the shining goddess
Lies a tattered dishevelled carcass
Clinging to life, disconnected from the world
Withered, black with a poison destroying everything in its path.
I still dream of your walk towards loving light
My hand in yours where I still wish it to be.
But now that time is lost.
Destroyed by your visions that never existed as I held my arms open for your embrace.
A dancing angel of blue sapphire you once were
Your pain became mine
I tried to be a pillar when you needed it
And a room with space when you needed that too.
I bared my soul. I exposed every facet of my life to you.
I burned my heart countless times
Put aside my own ordeals and placed my love for you first
Every single time.
I never imagined a life without you.
No matter the challenges, my love never ebbed.
Never faded, never less potent.
It grew as I saw you take your gentle steps towards warmth
But now I'm broken
Your ghosts have shattered me
Smashed me into a thousand pieces of glass
Draining my heart of the blood I carried for your love.
Instead of the shining goddess
Lies a tattered dishevelled carcass
Clinging to life, disconnected from the world
Withered, black with a poison destroying everything in its path.
I still dream of your walk towards loving light
My hand in yours where I still wish it to be.
But now that time is lost.
Destroyed by your visions that never existed as I held my arms open for your embrace.
A dancing angel of blue sapphire you once were
Streaking through the sun
Now a sick cowering child in black obsidian.
Sinking into a dark abyss beyond the reach of anyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment