Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Crimson Velvet: Sydney Tour Comes to an End

Well it was with great anticipation that I awaited meeting Crimson Velvet when he came to my shores from Norway. Over the months we've formed a strange, but good friendship. It was good to finally be able to talk to someone my own age for a change, as (musically) I tend to be surrounded by younger people which can make conversations limited and difficult at times.

While we had our opposing views at times, I also found that we surprised one another at not only how parallel we see some things, but also that we were both probably more open-minded and more flexible with things than we both thought.

Crimson Velvet is a good new friend who I enjoyed spending time with while he was here. On his last night here in Sydney, he came up with a great suggestion - we closed his trip with some respect to Darkthrone and went with camera and beers in tow to Bronte to celebrate a beautiful moonrise, and the eternal rest of those departed! It was almost funny closing it off this way, as we had started the day off with a winter swim at Bondi.

Nevertheless, while I felt funny about it at first, the evening was a blend of admiring the beautiful epitaphs and statues (and looking the old desecrated ones with much disdain), combined with moments of humour.

It was a fitting way to end our time hanging out and will be a memory I'll definitely hang on to for years to come.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.