Well I'm pretty excited today. I've been harping on about cow bells lately, and thanks to Linda's good memory, I got a Yak bell.
For those of you who don't know what a Yak is, it's a cowlike animal found in the Tibetan mountains, used for herding and travel over the course of time.
I love the sounds of the bells they have around their necks (it's totally Negură Bunget by the way, anyone who's listened properly to "Primul Om" will know what I'm talking about).
So anyhow, I love the sound these bells make. A dull-ish sound, but one which sounds old, ancient. You can imagine a cold mountainside, covered in fog, with a yak walking up it on an old dirt road, no other life around and the patter of soft rain from the grey blankets of clouds around the peaks above.
I love my yak bell. I hang it with red ribbon, as red is a symbolic colour in Buddhism, the sound is a peaceful one, so I thought it fitting to use a colour from such a peaceful teaching faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment