After procrastinating over having a blog for years, and failing to update my own website hubster.telefragged.com (as it's supposed to be strictly gaming-related, and I haven't mapped for over a year... waiting for QuakeIV to become stable before I decide to do anything real for it), I've decided that now is probably the time I should get off my bum and get myself a blog.
My so-called residence these days is the UM Forum, and it's various subforums. The place was initially where I wanted to talk about a now dusted obsession with Swedish deathmetallers Opeth (I've since become nicely at home with Black Metal).
UM seems to have a plethora of people who appear to be really young, and it gets frustrating trying to talk about music in an intelligent fashion without being labelled an elistist.
I had a run-in with a particular member a few days ago, who I ended up blasting in typical Scorpio fashion. Since then though, and after feeling that I'd made my point about what I considered something pretty stupid at the time, I've decided to be humble and give this person a shot, as I've noticed they seem to cop a lot of crap in that forum as a whole.
It's not nice being misunderstood (one of my lifelong Archilles' Heels), and so whether or not the person appreciates it or even cares, I'll go out of my way to nice from here on in.
No comments:
Post a Comment